Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ah, Ambrosia!

Hey folks!
Been too busy piggin' out to write about it!! ;) 
For a few months now we've been frequently taking a pit-stop at this small, cozy, easily-overlooked place in Chembur, that calls itself Ambrosia Bakery. 
We had spied it along the way but never thought of stopping, until one day when the stomachs were growling so loud that the people around us wondered if there was something wrong with their car!
So, being a veggie and a spinach-lover, I picked up the spinach, corn and cheese sandwich that they warmed up slightly for me... The first bite in and I was so pleasantly surprised at the yumminess, that I had a smile on my face for the next hour!! Got reminded of the creamed spinach at various places in USA.
Over the days, we have tried various things there... even taken stuff home... some of them being:
The veggie sandwich, veggie turnover, chicken cup (which I am told is absolutely amazing), garlic chicken sandwich, veggie burger (a bit dry.. could do with mayo, ketchup), veggie pasta (yummm), tiramisu (wow!), paneer tikka sandwich (could pass), chocolate croissant, apple pie (very very very good).
What I keep wanting to try is the dome pastry... looks very intriguing, yet extremely sinful!
Maybe, the next time....

Bon Appetite, people!

No comments: